Saturday 20 April 2013

My Budget Evening Make Up. Smokey Eye, Red Lip

Heyy Everyone...
Feels like I hardly post here anymore, I'm feeling very guilty for neglecting but i'm just so busy recently with my course and I've also started going the gym again.... and life. Normal blogging will be back very soon pinky promise. 

As some of you may know I recently sorted my make up collection out, while doing that I came across products I had totally forgot about. I decided to create an evening smokey eye look with a palette I actually bought from Peacocks for not very much money at all to prove it can be done on a budget.

So here is my budget/drugstore Evening/Smokey eye Look;







I'm very happy with the end result, it is a dramatic smokey eye but I love it for a night out. To me this brought home that I should mix up my make up more instead of automatically jumping to my faithfuls. 
Here's what I used:


MUA Pro-Brow kit - This is my new fav brow powder I love it
Bourjois Bronzing Powder - I used this to contour, I like that it doesn't have shimmer
Evie Glam eye shadow palette - I bought this from Peacocks, it has a white, light grey, dark grey and a black. Nice and pigmented. Easy to work with. 
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder - My new fav setting powder
Collection 2000 concealer - Could not be without this, covers my blemishes perfectly
Rimmel Acceleration Endless Lash Mascara - I've purchased this mascara in black and brown I was so impressed with it. I love mascaras that have a plastic wand and that give instant results.  
Duo Lash Glue - The best in my opinion
Primark eyelashes - Not the best quality, but for £1.00 always worth it to have a few pairs handy
MUA Highlighter - This gives such a pearly colour highlight to the skin, very pretty and I love to apply this to my cheekbones, and browbone
Maybelline Gel Liner - To be honest I cant make much comparison to other gel liners because this is the only one I've ever owned but I really like this one. Glides on nice and doesn't dry to quick.  

I'm not sure of the prices but for a whole face of make up this wont be a high priced one. Now don't get me wrong I love high end make up as much as the next make up mad junkie but I do believe its good to mix it up. Ill be digging a little deeper in my make up box more often. 

Hope your all well, and enjoying your weekend. Ive just finished watching The Voice, my new Saturday night highlight. Jessie J is just.... wow!!! 

Love Lucy x x 

5 comments:

  1. That lip colour looks amazing on you! I think I might hit Boots soon and look for something similar and team it with a tan.

    Lucy x

    Thelittleblush.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, ive only just recently been brave enough to wear red lips xx

      Delete
  2. very pretty look! Love that lip color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats really pretty x

    ravingbeautyx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment, it means the world to me.